Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Assignment for Friday, Aug. 25

I won't always post assignments here.  Mostly I post items for comment and discussion.  So please do browse through prior posts, make comments, etc.  Sign your posts, too, please.  In order to keep the discussion Hendrix-based, I delete comments that are unfamiliar or unsigned.

Now then, for Friday:

1)  Read 615-621  (this is corrected from what I wrote here earlier.  see my email to you.)

2)  Summarize it.

(A summary is NO MORE than one page long.  It is printed out.  It is single spaced.  It captures the main point and argument of the reading.  Do this as _clearly_ as you can.)

3)  Plan for the printer to fail.  It will.  And I will not accept a late summary.  Your only option is to get it done early, so that you can deal with the printer problem and still make it to class with the summary.

4)  You'll get a syllabus soon.  But #3 is important in this way:  missed assignments (even if it was the damned printer's fault) cost you points off your FINAL grade.  You have 100 points right now.   Don't lose any.  More on that soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't get a comment to post, feel free to email it to me--I can post it for you. --C